August 5, 2016 – Esteli, Nicaragua, & Austin, Texas
Southern Draw Cigars has released two new blends, Rose of Sharon and Jacobs Ladder, both are being produced at Tabacalera Fernandez in Esteli, Nicaragua. The two blends were initially planned for 2017 and 2018 releases and are currently in very limited production.
Southern Draw has been blessed to now offer 7 unique blends and 37 vitolas as it fortifies its growing brand with a flavorful yet elegant Connecticut wrapped blend and a hearty spice bomb wrapped in toothy Pennsylvania Broadleaf. “After the great disappointment of missing IPCPR last week to focus our efforts in Nicaragua, these new releases are extra special to the company and to me personally. With these new blends, Southern Draw puts an exclamation mark on our commitment to this fine industry while paying homage to influential references and family that sacrifice daily to bring Southern Draw Cigars to our valued partners. We pray these premium blends are enjoyed and our messages are shared”, said Robert Holt – Chief Evangelist.
In staying with the theme of flowering plants for its core blends, the Company selected the Rose of Sharon in part for its biblical expression that first appeared in the King James Bible in 1611, the Song of Solomon 2:1 “I am the rose of Sharon, the lily of the valley” and to celebrate “the Belle” of Southern Draw, Sharon Holt whose calming hand, tireless devotion and personal touch have defined the culture of the Southern Draw brand.
Blend – Box Pressed
- Wrapper: Ecuadorian Connecticut
- Binder: Nicaragua
- Filler: Nicaragua & Dominican Republic
Jacobs Ladder is a handsome flowering plant noted for medicinal value dating back to ancient Greece, Jacobs Ladder is also the colloquial name for the connection between heaven and earth that Jacob, son of Isaac, dreamed about in the book of Genesis. This brand has symbolic reference to Ethan “Jacob” Holt, son of two Southern Draw Cigars founders, who also offers sales, shipping and technical support to the Company.
- Wrapper: USA – Pennsylvania
- Binder: Ecuador
- Filler: Nicaragua
Bands by Cigar Rings
Sizes for both NEW blends
- Belicoso (5.5×50) – 20 count boxes, bundles and DRAWpak samplers 2 – 5 ct
- Robusto (5.5 x 54) – 20 count boxes, bundles and DRAWpak samplers 2 – 5 ct
- Toro (6 x 52) – 20 count boxes, bundles and DRAWpak samplers 2 – 5 ct
- Gordo (6.5 x 60) – 20 count boxes, bundles and DRAWpak samplers 2 – 5 ct
- Lancero (6.5 x 40) – 20 count boxes, bundles and DRAWpak samplers 2 – 5 ct
- Perfecto (5 x 58) – 20 count boxes, bundles and DRAWpak samplers 2 – 5 ct
- Perfecto (6 x 56) – 20 count boxes, bundles and DRAWpak samplers 2 – 5 ct
- MSRP per cigar is the same as corresponding vitola for the Kudzu and Firethorn blends, $8.50 – $10.00 with a slightly higher rate of $11.79 for each limited production Perfecto. New price sheets and catalogs are forthcoming,
Production – Limited Production for 2016, shipping only to select retail partners. Regular production scheduled for 2017 and 2018.
For general information about Southern Draw Cigars, a list of retail partners, cigar blends and reviews, please visit Southern Draw at www.southerndrawcigars.com.Please LIKE, FOLLOW & TWEET Southern Draw Cigars on – Facebook/Southern Draw, Instagram/SDCIGARS and Twitter/@SDCIGARS.
Press Release Written and Provided By Southern Draw Cigars